Over a hundred years ago, Italian machine-maker Francesco Bertazzoni and his son Antonio first saw wood-burning cooking stoves arrive in their town on the railway from Austria. They decided to make their own -- just for local use to begin with, and in very small quantities. It was the start of an outstanding success story.
The family built their first factory in 1909. After the First World War, they began making cooking stoves on much larger scale, and launch the new brand name, La Germania. The Bertazzonis introduced their first gas hob units in 1953, soon followed by their first gas stoves. The design was further perfected in 1958 with the addition of an oven.
Exports started in 1959, and through the next decades sales boomed. Today La Germania cookers are appreciated in 60 counties around the world. But the makers never forget their roots in the traditions of Italian style, and that they remain specialists in the very personal craft of cooking.